*******************************************************************************************************************************
This page will be found filled with words; sometimes my original thought, and other times just me relaying inspiring notions read or heard. This is just a way to speak my mind, and in doing so, (hopefully) somehow speak into the lives of others.
*******************************************************************************************************************************

Monday, June 30, 2008

Being Real.

Save me O God,
For the waters have come up to my neck…
I am worn out calling for help…
But I pray to you, O Lord,
In the time of your favor,
In your great love O God,
Answer me with your sure salvation.
Rescue me from the mire,
Do not let me sink;
Deliver me from those who hate me,
from the deep waters.
Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me.
Answer me, O Lord,
out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me.
Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly,
for I am in trouble.

Psalm 69:1,3a, 13-17


I just read Psalm 69 this morning. It is a long one, so I only put part of it up. Sometimes Psalms are so encouraging to me, even the ones where the author is crying out in distress. The emotions just resonate with me. I find comfort in the fact that even people like David who “walk with God” and find favor in His eyes, have downer times. He doesn’t pretend that life is always good and easy and carefree when you follow God. Many passages in Psalms remind me of journal entries and I love it. It’s a confirmation to me that we have the “green light” to cry out to God, express our frustrations, despair, etc.

What would a blog entry on a verse be without the Bible commentary? Here is what was said:

“But still he prayed. When we are completely beaten down, we are tempted to turn from God, give up, and quit trusting Him. When your situation seems hopeless, determine that no matter how bad things come, you will continue to pray. God will hear your prayer, and He will rescue you. When others reject us, we need God most. Don’t turn from your most faithful friend.”

He is your most faithful friend by the way. The only one who will never let you down. I hope you see this trait in Him. Friends and Family will disappoint. I do it, you do it. It’s bound to happen—it goes hand in hand with being human. But God never does. And it is AWESOME.

No comments: