*******************************************************************************************************************************
This page will be found filled with words; sometimes my original thought, and other times just me relaying inspiring notions read or heard. This is just a way to speak my mind, and in doing so, (hopefully) somehow speak into the lives of others.
*******************************************************************************************************************************

Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday's Thought

I am currently reading a John Piper novel, When I don't desire God: How to fight for Joy. I like it. A lot. I am sure I will quote and discuss from it at a later date. Today I will just list two semi-correlating quotes and let you do your own thinking.

Piper quoted John Owen who said, "Be killing sin, or it will be killing you."

John Piper's mom wrote this inscription in the Bible he had at age fifteen, This book will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from this book"

Ponder away.
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying John Piper... He's great! I was able to hear him speak at Mars Hill not too long ago. I've got his book Desiring God, but maybe this one will be my next read. ;)

Anonymous said...

Convicting.