*******************************************************************************************************************************
This page will be found filled with words; sometimes my original thought, and other times just me relaying inspiring notions read or heard. This is just a way to speak my mind, and in doing so, (hopefully) somehow speak into the lives of others.
*******************************************************************************************************************************

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nothing Great

Today is one of the "fewer Joelle words" days. I just like this song. I am sad they broke up. :(

LATE TUESDAY
Nothing Great
Same old stuff we have to do.
Over and over and over again each day it seems.
Nothing great to show off my abilities and my worth.
So show me my purpose in the midst of this routine.

Because I am trying to understand why I am here at all,
with so many guesses and too many simple answers.
Could it be that life is not what I think at all.
It’s not the big things but the ordinary in between.
And maybe this is not the time to be waiting for
any better reason to be glad that I am alive at all.
So help me take each day,
each simple thing that I must do to bring glory to You.

And I can search out a lot of ways to keep me doing things
in an attempt to make my mark.
But then maybe I missed the mark of Your desire for me.
So I will trust in You.
In everything I do, I will do it as for You.

And I am learning to understand why I am here at all.
There is no need for guesses when You are the simple answer,
And You showed me that life is not what I think at all.
Its not the big things but the ordinary in between.
And maybe this is not the time to be waiting for
any better reason to be glad that I am alive at all.
So help me take each day,
each simple thing that I must do to bring glory to You.

And maybe this is not the time to be waiting for
any better reason to be glad that we are alive at all.
We can take each day,
each simple thing we must do to bring glory to You.

No comments: